Online travel booking has seen significant growth over the years due to its ease of access and convenient approach to travelers. Today, several booking sites are providing the services of online reservations for hotels, travel, and activities.
Agoda.com is a popular website for booking hotels and travel services, but can we trust it? Since it is an online platform it is essential to do enough research before you start your journey with any of them. It has been serving for nearly two decades. Agoda.com is also a part of Booking Holdings Inc., which is a major participant in online booking platforms.
Today we are about to explore Agoda.com and find out if the platform is trustworthy. We will also be discussing the pros/cons and experience reviews from travelers who partnered their journeys with Agoda.com. Let’s find out more in detail.
The Beginning of the Agoda.com
Nearly 20 years ago, in 2005, Agoda.com was launched. It was made by two intelligent men named Michael and Robert. They wanted to make it easier for travelers to find fantastic lodging.
Agoda started as a small business in Thailand, but it quickly expanded and gained popularity all over the world. Agoda was discovered by Booking Holdings in 2007 and the two companies decided to collaborate.
Since then, Agoda has facilitated traveler lodging, air travel, and other arrangements across numerous nations. Make sure you have a comfortable place to stay wherever you go, it’s like your travel companion. Agoda has thus established itself as a reputable brand in the travel industry over time.
Today it is one of the most popular multinational traveling agencies that has more than 200 territories with accommodation and offers 3.6M hotels and homes all around the globe. Over 35M real traveler reviews are given already with many more to come.
Services Agoda Offer
Agoda.com offers services that make your travel plans easier and more convenient. Services that ensure a hassle-free traveling experience. Here we have noted them in short terms.
- Hotel Booking: Agoda makes it easy to find and reserve hotels. There are many options available for all types of budgets, whether you want a luxurious resort or a straightforward guesthouse.
- Flight Booking: Booking flights is possible on Agoda as well. They’ll assist you in locating the best offers if you let them know where you’re going.
- Vacation Rentals: Vacation rentals are available on Agoda if you’d prefer a cozy apartment or home. It is comparable to having a second home.
- Airport Transfers: With more than 2,000 airports around the world Agoda.com serves a unique airport transfer experience. The booking and cancellation are so customer friendly.
- Car Rentals: Car rentals are also available with no hidden fees and flexible rental assurance. Partnered with major car communities in any destination.
- Deals and Discounts: They provide unique discounts and deals, especially if you become a member. This can help you save money on your reservations.
- Reviews and Ratings: You can read reviews and ratings to find out what other visitors thought of the locations you’re considering visiting. It aids in making the best decision.
The Travel Innovation Award
Agoda.com has won the TravelMole and EyeforTravel Online Travel Innovations Awards 2012 for Favorite Online Travel Site. The TravelMole & EyeforTravel Online Travel Innovation Awards pay recognition to companies that have shown online excellence in the Asia Pacific region. Agoda was voted as the favorite online travel site by the visitors and placed on top.
Agoda.com currently features more than 170,000 hotel listings, including more than 34,000 in Asia. Customers can choose from 37 different languages to book deals in, and all hotels offer instant confirmation. Every booking generates Agoda Rewards Points, giving customers access to even bigger discounts.
In 2008, it was also the best accommodation website according to TravelMole. Therefore it embarked as a winner for the 2nd time when recognized by Travel Innovation Award in 2012.
Is Agoda.com a Legitimate Brand?
Agoda has been operating as a partner of Booking Holdings Inc., a well-established and trusted company in the travel industry for many years now. Yes, Agoda.com is a legitimate online travel booking platform.
You can find real hotels, flights, and vacation rentals on their website. They have thousands of online reviews consisting of good and bad experiences. You may find some inconvenience in certain occasions but they try to solve any of them with their expert customer service provider.
Agoda also offers loyalty programs and discounts for their customers!
It has been providing online booking services for nearly two decades and still trying to help people get their best value on travelling. We can assure you that this is a trustworthy and legitimate website.
We would like to inform you here we never share partiality while sharing genuine reviews taken from authentic and trustworthy sources. Still, we provide the source that claims our authenticity. All the reviews here are recent customer experience reviews. Let’s see how customers feel about Agoda.com.
Agoda got more than 37 thousand reviews on Trustpilot which is a leading online review platform. A customer named Amanda Smith shared her experience on October 14 and praised one of the customer care service providers specifically. She was satisfied and happy receiving emergency services from the people of Agoda.
Adam on October 10 complained about the advertised prices given but had to pay fees additionally. He rated Agoda with 3 stars. Lesley shared her adventure of October 2nd this year with a 4-star rating and she said they had a great experience with Agoda for the whole past year. She further said that Agoda was the cheapest of all yet provided good services when asked.
The latest review submitted by Anna shows her disappointment as some others have experienced as well. Inconvenience with pricing has been a great drawback for Agoda. She claims to be ignored while looking for a price match-up.
A bunch of reviews are available on Google and other platform. We suggest customers do a little research of their own before entrusting any online platform services.
Agoda Hotels and Vacation Rentals
Agoda offers one of the largest touring options with hotels, villas, and vacation rentals all around the world. Their hotels and travel guides are available nearly everywhere. In Asia, they have contacts over 45 locations. They provide their offerings in countries of Europe, Africa, the Americas, and in Middle East.
Agoda even arranges apartments, bungalows, villas, and vacation rentals in the Asia region. Tourists of particular choice and specifically those who love wide and broad vacation venue makes their first wish on agoda.com. We have included a few addresses that may help you find a preferable spot and make your online travel booking a bit faster and more convenient.
Asia (By Cities)
- Bali Hotels
- Bangkok Hotels
- Busan Hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
- Hong Kong Hotels
- Jakarta Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur Hotels
- Kyoto Hotels
- Manila Hotels
- Phuket Hotels
- Osaka Hotels
- Singapore Hotels
Asia (By Countries and Territories)
- Cambodia Hotels
- China Hotels
- India Hotels
- Vietnam Hotels
- Thailand Hotels
- Taiwan Hotels
- Nepal Hotels
- Japan Hotels
- Austria Hotels
- Finland Hotels
- Germany Hotels
- Greece Hotels
- Italy Hotels
- Switzerland Hotels
- Morocco Hotels
- South Africa Hotels
- Argentina Hotels
- Brazil Hotels
- Canada Hotels
- Mexico Hotels
- United States Hotels
We suggest using the Agoda app (available for both iOS and Android) or the official website to find more locations for vacations and rentals.
Agoda.com is partnered with a bunch of other companies. The loyalty program brings unique facilities to regular clients of Agoda. Several benefits are shared as Agoda members earn points through their travel purchases. Benefits are likely,
- Membership Benefits
Every booking made on the platform is eligible for Agoda Rewards, which lets members accumulate points. These points can be accumulated and redeemed for reductions on subsequent reservations.
- Member-Exclusive Rates
Members frequently have access to special rates that are not offered to non-members. Additional savings on hotel reservations may be possible with these rates.
- Levels and Tiers
The loyalty program has various membership tiers, such as Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond, each of which offers progressively better benefits and greater potential for points earning.
- Last-Minute Deals
Access to last-minute offers and promotions that are only available to devoted Agoda customers is provided at some membership levels.
Agoda Rewards provides flexibility in how points are used. Members can decide whether to use their points right away or reserve them for upcoming reservations.
Youths are always encouraged to join Agoda with skill and dedication. Leaping with Agoda may become the great start of a new future for your career.
Jobs are available in different categories. Skilled and efficient employees are warmly accepted. Besides, there’s always room for the students trying a financial freedom. Currently, 206 positions are vacant. They recruit people from all around the world.
Jobs are available for analyst, strategic account manager, customer experience specialist, senior data engineer, project associate, human resource and business partner, senior consultant, staff, and so on.
We advise you to check once a day on the job list provided by Agoda.
Agoda has picked some hard stuff over the year along with all the good reasons and reviews. Today we are going to find out some most common troubles clients face. According to reviews and ratings, we have confirmed these are causes that bother Agoda customers the most.
- Booking Issues: A few customers have complained about issues with making reservations, canceling them, or making changes to their plans.
- Refund Delays: Customers may frequently become frustrated when refunds for canceled bookings take a long time to arrive.
- Hidden Fees: Some visitors have voiced worries about unadvertised hidden fees that were not made clear at the time of booking.
- Customer service: On occasion, customers have had trouble contacting Agoda’s customer service or running into problems when trying to solve problems with their help.
- Accommodation Quality: Although Agoda offers user reviews, there have been instances where the actual quality of accommodations fell short of what customers had hoped for.
- Currency Conversion: Due to fluctuating exchange rates, the currency conversion process for refunds occasionally produces minor discrepancies that some customers find perplexing.
However, Agoda is always concerned with its customers’ inconveniences and is trying to solve possible issues on the spot.
Pros and Cons
They have been a successful partner to many people. Agoda always tries to reach its clients by offering the most valued services. Still, there’s some catch even for the most friendly touring website. We have pointed out the probable pros and cons of Agoda.com that you might want to take a look at.
|Agoda offers many options for hotels and accommodations, so you can find the perfect place for your needs.||Some travelers have reported occasional problems with bookings or reservations.|
|You can read what other travelers think about the places, helping you make informed decisions.||Understanding cancellation rules can be a bit complex, and they vary from one place to another.|
|Becoming an Agoda member can give you access to special rates and discounts.||While there is support available, some customers have mentioned occasional difficulties in reaching Agoda’s customer service.|
|Agoda helps you book accommodations worldwide, from small towns to big cities.|
|Agoda Rewards lets you earn points and save money on future bookings.|
Coupons and Discounts
It is always good to see that Agoda.com offers coupons and deals frequently. They have today’s deals where coupons and new deals are offered. Usually, the coupon codes come with a minimum spend limit. You never know a good day can save you more than 100 bucks!
As of today, there is a 3% off up to $100 with no minimum spend required.
Another 6% off up to $120 with a minimum spend of $120.
There are Special Deal Tickets that allow you to access special prices on selected hotels for 2 hours. VIP Flash Rate offers up to 25% discounts on your favorite hotels. There are international deals with 30% discounts at most.
How to apply coupons
- Coupons and discounts are available on this page. Find a coupon and collect it. Copy the promotion code.
- To use your coupons search for properties that come with the tag ‘coupon applicable’
- Make sure you have successfully submitted the coupon or promotion code before completing your payment
A reservation can be canceled in a fairly simple manner. Here’s a brief explanation of the process of cancellation for any of your reservations:
- Enter your email address and password to log into your Agoda account first.
- Visit the details of your reservation page. You can find the reservation there that you want to cancel.
- The “Cancel” button will appear next to your reservation. Usually, it’s simple to find.
- You will be led through each step by Agoda as you confirm your cancellation. They might request a justification for your cancellation.
- Review the cancellation policy for your particular booking for a moment. This will enable you to determine whether and when you will receive a refund.
- You’ll get a cancellation confirmation once you’ve finished the procedure. An email confirming the cancellation will also be sent to you.
- If your reservation is refundable, Agoda will handle the refund following the reservation’s terms and conditions. The money might not appear in your account right away.
It’s a good idea to double-check the cancellation procedures and rules for your particular reservation because the exact process may vary depending on your booking and Agoda’s policies.
Booking.com VS Agoda.com
Both booking.com and agoda.com are two leading online traveling solutions for almost all travelers roaming around the world. These two giant companies are providing everything you could ask to complete your journey full of memories.
Here we are comparing a few things that differentiate and show the similarities of them both in terms of service and accommodations. At a glance,
|Focused Area||Agoda.com has a stronger focus on accommodations in Asia and the Asia-Pacific region, providing localized expertise.||Booking.com covers a wide range of destinations around the world, making it a go-to choice for global travelers.|
|Loyalty Program||Agoda has its “Agoda Rewards” loyalty program, allowing members to earn points and get discounts on future bookings.||Booking.com has the “Genius” loyalty program, offering discounts and special deals to frequent bookers.|
|Parent Company||It’s owned by Booking Holdings Inc., a major player in the online travel industry.||Like Agoda.com, Booking.com is also owned by Booking Holdings Inc.|
|User Reviews||Customers have mixed adventures with Agoda.com and shared opinions both positive and negative||Similarly rated but favorite for worldwide services|
Tips for a Safe Booking
It’s always a good choice to check a few items before making any online purchase. These simple yet important follow-ups can save you from a bigger scam or initial losses. Let’s take a few key points that may help you secure a safer online booking experience for your next trip.
- Read Reviews: Before making a reservation, check out what previous guests have to say. Knowing if it’s a good place helps.
- Verify Policies: Review the guidelines for changing or canceling your reservation. If your plans change, this is crucial.
- Secure Connection: When entering your information, make sure the website’s address begins with “https.” It safeguards your information.
- Use Official App: To avoid using fake apps on your phone, only download apps from legitimate app stores (such as the Apple App Store or Google Play).
- Double-Check Details: Check every detail twice before you say “book,” go over everything you typed. You steer clear of errors in this manner.
- Keep Records: Save your booking confirmation and any emails or messages you get from Agoda. They’re handy in case you need help or have questions later.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get information about the room and the property’s facility?
Ans. The property’s specifics are available on the property detail page or in your confirmation email. You may speak with the property directly for anything else.
- Can I add an extra bed/baby cot in my room?
Ans. The presence of an additional bed or baby cot depends on the property. Children’s extra expenses, such as extra beds, are not included in the reservation price unless specifically stated. For more details, please get in touch with the property directly.
- How do they inform me about my booking cancellation?
Ans. When you cancel a reservation, you get a confirmation email. Verify the spam and junk mail folders in your inbox. If not received in time, connect to the customer care service ASAP.
- When and how do I get my refund?
Ans. Any applicable refunds will be handled right away. Banks may take up to 30 business days, or until the start of your subsequent billing cycle, to refund this amount after the process/refund date. Your bank ought to exchange the refund for your country’s money. In your [Booking Details Page], you can monitor the status of your refund.
- How do I extend or shorten my stay?
Ans. You have a self-service option through Agoda. Choose your reservation and your new dates. Please be aware that not all reservations will permit changes to the reservation dates.
If you have more queries regarding the services you may want to visit the official page of questions and answers. More in-depth solutions to your queries are included there.